※For new users after April 2021, please contact us.
How to use
This service is available to those who have the “Target Confirmation Form”.
The local government will send a “Confirmation of Eligibility” to those who are eligible to use the service.
If you have not received this confirmation letter, please check with your local government to see if you are eligible for this program.
If you do not have the confirmation letter, you cannot use the service.
- Contact us
- Please contact us by phone or using the inquiry form.
We will ask you
1）the nearest station to your residence 2）the age of your child 3）the day and time you would like to
use the service 4）your desired starting date.
We will inform you of the availability our staff.
※Please note that we cannot guarantee the availability of a sitter.
- Our staff will visit you at your home and explain the outline of this service and the rules for using our service.
We will confirm the room for sitting. You can also meet with us at our office. Interviews are by appointment only and are held for one family at a time.
- Contract and application to the local government
- You need to exchange the contract documents. Please apply to the local government with the contract and confirmation of eligibility.
A user account will be issued in about 10 business days after the application.
- Determination of assigned sitter
- Your sitter will be assigned by the head office. A team of several sitters will be assigned to take care of your child.
- For your first time
- For the first visit, the staff from the headquarter and the sitter both will visit you. For the first time, please make spare time because for the meeting.
- Each time you use the service, please issue a discount code from the dedicated website and tell the sitter for the code number.
- After receiving the confirmation, it takes about one month from the time of inquiry to the start of use.
Monday to Saturday (except for national holidays, holidays, and year-end and New Year holidays (December 29 – January 3))
7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Maximum hours of use
For shortened daycare hours: 8 hours per day, 160 hours per month
In the case of standardized childcare hours: 11 hours per day, 220 hours per month
This is the fee for April 1, 2008 to March 31, 2021.
- No admission fee
No annual or monthly membership fees
- Sitter usage fee
150 yen per hour (tax included)
- Please contact about the use of subsidies and discount coupons.
- Sitter transportation fee
Up to 1,300 yen round trip
- Please check with your local government as some municipalities will also subsidize sitter’s transportation fee.
- Extension fee
from 5 minutes (1 hour of discount code will be charged)
- If you do not wish to use the code due to a conflict with your usage limit, you will be charged our standard extension fee of 600 yen per 15 minutes (tax included).
- Cancellation fee
Cancellation on the day before (between 6:00 p.m. two days before to to 6:00 p.m. the day before): Consignment fee (2,400 yen/hour) x 25% of the reserved time.
Cancellation on the day of the sitting (from 6:00 p.m. the day before to 6:00 p.m. the day of the sitting): Consignment fee (2,400 yen/hour) x 50% of the reserved time.
- Please note that the cancellation fee will be calculated based on the consignment fee of 2,400 yen/hour, not the 150 yen/hour paid by parents.
- Cancellation fees are not covered by the subsidy under this program. However, in the sitting that a cancellation is unavoidable on the day before or on the day of the scheduled day of childcare due to a child’s illness, the subsidy coupon may be used for the scheduled number of hours only if a doctor’s note or other documentation specified by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government is submitted by the deadline.
Payment is due at the end of the month and the invoice will be sent at the beginning of the following month. As a general rule, we ask for payment by credit card, but bank transfer is also possible. ※PayPay is also available.
- In the case of a bank transfer, the transfer fee will be paid by the user.
- Accepted credit cards: VISA/Master
- Can you provide childcare for sick children?
- We do not provide childcare for sick children. If the child’s condition worsens during the day, such as a fever of 37.5°C or higher, we will ask the parents to return home.
- Can I have a sitting service outside my home?
- We can only take care of your child at your home for this service.
However, it is possible to take your child out for a walk or to play outside during the time of sitting.
- Can I use this service if I work at home?
- Yes, as long as you have your own room for work in addition to the room where we take care of your child.
- Can I ask sitter to prepare meals and do housework too?
- Children’s meals should be prepared in advance by their parents or guardians. We can heat the food in the microwave.
Please note that we do not accept any housekeeping services other than childcare (cleaning, laundry, shopping, etc.).
- What age of sitters come to sit for kids?
- We have a variety of sitters ranging from their 20s to 60s. Depending on the conditions of use, the head office will take the responsibility of matching the sitter with the users. If you have any requests, please contact us.
- How can I contact the sitter during the sitting?
- We will provide you with the contact information (cell phone number and email address) of your sitter. If you have an emergency and cannot reach the sitter’s cell phone, please contact the head office.
In principle, staff who have completed the training prescribed by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government will work as a team and take care of children in shifts. In unavoidable cases, such as the sudden illness of the assigned sitter, a sitter who has not completed the designated training may be assigned after consultation. Daily childcare activities are shared between parents, the head office, and the staff member in charge through a sitting report. In order to prevent variations in the daily activity schedule and content among staff members, childcare is provided based on the childcare plan prepared for each child, and staff members from the Head Office visit the childcare center periodically to review the childcare content, provide guidance, and hold hearings with parents.